Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You don't know your own strength

It’s uncanny.

I’m not sure exactly how you do it, but just when things are particularly rough for this diva, your kind comments and e-mails always manage to brighten my day and restore my faith in the inherent goodness of people.

Thank you for all your expressions of support for my cousin’s family: they are appreciated more than you know.

This seems like a particularly good time to acknowledge a few awards that this humble site has collected over the last few weeks so without further ado…


Many, many thanks to GoMommy over at Random Acts of Momness for this – the Favorite Friend Award. If you haven’t visited her blog yet, you must. She has a flair for writing and a wicked sense of humor and she always brightens my day.

Thanks to Corey over at Living and Loving Every Minute of It for this awesome Cool Mom Award. I don’t feel overly cool these days but it’s nice to receive an ego boost from a woman who not only has mad photo skillz but practices a parenting philosophy to which I can only aspire – thanks Corey.


Next I am indebted to Manners and Moxie for bestowing upon me this You Make Me Smile Award. If you want to relive the trials and tribulations that came with planning your wedding, definitely check her wonderful blog.

And last, but certainly not least, I have to thank the gorgeous and charismatic OHMommy over at Classy Chaos for honoring me with this fabulous award of her own making.

What can I say about OHMommy? She’s nothing short of a sensation.

And you know what else?

She’s my roomie for the BlogHer conference in San Francisco this July.

Oh yes she is!

Can you imagine of the ramifications of this colossal coming together?

I mean, will there be enough closet space for our combined collection of stilettos? Will that much sheer fabulousness crammed into one small room finally trigger the Great Quake that Bay-area residents have long feared? Will San Francisco ever, ever be the same?
Discuss amongst yourselves.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

32 comments:

flutter said...

you are too sweet passing out goodies when you feel all overwhelmed

Janice @ Mom On The Run said...

I never get any awards :( Maybe I need to start giving out some then I'd get some in return?

Brittany said...

Congrats on the awards! :)

And... I am so jealous you are going to the conference...sigh...maybe next year.

April said...

Congrats on all the blogga love!

Karen said...

How wonderful that you get to room with someone so fabulous! Two incredible bloggers, together in a room. With stillettos. *sigh* It's like heaven on earth.

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

You're surely sporting a lot of bling today! Well deserved.

Amy said...

I am still thinking of you during this difficult time.

Congratulations on your awards. You are so deserving! =)

Awesome Mom said...

It always seems like I am a day late and a dollar short. I am currently living an hour away from SF and could easily attend BlogHer except for the fact that we are moving to Kansas before then. Ah well.

Laura said...

All rightly deserved!

Hang in there...sending you lots of support vibes!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Last year, I was a bit bummed that I missed the BlogHer convention (and it was in my hometown, for cryin out loud!). This year? I'm ticked. It falls right during our family vacation. And I actually KNOW tons of bloggers that I want to meet and can't.

Have fun, though. grrr....

SaraLynn said...

Congrats on the awards! You deserve them for all the inspiring you do!

Kat said...

Congrats on all the awards! Well deserved!
Oh I wish I could go to the conference. Sounds like a blast. Have fun!

OHmommy said...

Can you imagine of the ramifications of this colossal coming together?

Ummmm... yes. I can. We are going to have a blast. Thanks for you sweet words, I can't wait to finally meet you.

You think we should call and upgrade our room so it includes a larger closet? :)

GoMommy said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to hear all about the conference!

dawn klinge said...

Those are some fabulous and well deserved awards. That conference sounds like it's going to be so much fun- how can it not be if it's in San Francisco?

jennwa said...

Congrats on your awards.

Melissa said...

congrats on the awards and I bet you are getting excited for the conference. I believe my sis is going to that

morinn said...

Wooh!! Congrats congrats!!! You sure deserve them! :P

LunaNik said...

Awards are always so fun, yes?

And trust me when I say that OhMommy will not disappoint. She's effing fabulous and I would be lying if I said I wasn't seething with jealousy.

Hmph **sulking**

Anonymous said...

Great awards, congrats on the honors Diva...they're all well deserved. And I hope you share loads of pics and stories from Blogher!

ConverseMomma said...

That room may spontaneously combust. Hot, baby! Hot!
Totally jealous that you awesome chicks are going where my two toddlers don't dare allow me to go. Sigh~

Karen MEG said...

Congrats on the awards and hellooooo SF with OhMommy! How'd you crazy gals manage that fantastico hook-up?! I suspect among all that partying there will be some shopping done - you'll have to take pics, and lots of them.

Sending hugs your way for your family as you go through this unhappy time.

Chanin said...

Thanks for stopping by and congrats on the awards!!!!

KG said...

Congrats on all of your awards . . . and hang in there in such a tough time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the awards!!

I have to say, is the Internet not wonderful when you need support? I am overwhelmed daily.

Also! You are going to BlogHer!

It will be nice to meet you :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on all these great awards!!

Have fun at the conference.

Corey~living and loving said...

Congrats on the awards. :)
I am honored by the kind words you said about me. Thank you...from one mom to anyother.

Amy said...

Rooming with OhMommy! I am so jealous. San Francisco's economy will thank you, and your husbands may never let you leave the house with credit cards again!

Joanna said...

Congrats on the bloggy bling!

Damselfly said...

You deserve these awards!

Unknown said...

Major props on the award, girl! Very much deserved!

Haha - you guys will have a blast. Will you even attend the conference?? I think not...

Laski said...

Congrats on the awards! And you and OhMommy--one can only imagine!